Sometimes it bothers me (a lot) that I like these songs (a lot). If you like them as well, you should probably be just as ashamed as me. (And the reason why)
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper (gender)
- “That Thing You Do” – The Wonders (not even a real band)
- “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy” – Kenny Chesney (know every word)
- “I Love Jesus…Yes I Do…I Love Jesus…How About You!!” – Carman (I saw him sing this at the age of 50+ last year in a dark tan and Hawaiian shirt)
- “Hard To Say I’m Sorry” – Chicago (whiny, cheesy)
- “New York Minute” – The Eagles (whiny, cheesy)
- “Man, I Feel Like A Woman” – Shania Twain (gender…again)
- “Since U Been Gone” – Kelly Clarkson (chick pop)
- “The Sign” – Ace of Base (questionable, sad, and fuzzy memories of Junior High)
I could probably make this go on and on, but I’d rather not. 🙂
NOW YOU TELL ME….
Side Note: It’s always hard when people ask me what my favorite song on our station is. For two reasons: (1) I hear them all so often it’s an honest struggle not to either not notice or get tired of them pretty quickly and (2) it’s my job to choose the music, so I view them more in the eyes of other people (will the “listeners” like it?) so it’s honestly more like work trying to answer that question. Sometimes it’s kind of like asking an accountant what his favorite calculator is or doctor what his favorite medication is to prescribe. It’s not always like that, just sometimes. I should make it clear that sometimes there are songs that I just love on the radio.
That being said: shameless music plugs: