So I’m 26 today…
The following things have happened in the last few days commemmorating this (all of which I wouldn’t have asked for or planned):
- Dana presented me with a giant birthday cookie and rock and roll musical card live on the air
- Mom called and started saying silly things about stuff I said when I was a kid live on the air (before we “ran out of time” for the segment)
- Mom also gave me a Felix the Cat clock
- My dad pulled forty bucks out of his pocket at our cookout yesterday and said, “Well, I forgot to get a card, but happy birthday.” I said, “That is totally cool.” He also brought a friend I had never met to our cookout and it was cool getting to know them.
- My cosmetologist offers to buy me lunch today at a Kankakee hotspot
- My friend Brett calls the show and offers to give me his beloved King Size Snickers Bar as a bday gift (there is a story behind it recently)
- My uncle bought me (and Natalie and mom) dinner last night at the very restaurant in Ottawa in the very booth at which I ended my high school relationship. And I actually told everyone at the table. Odd, funny.
OK, that’s enough. I really am not all about Birthday commemmoration when it comes to me, I guess. I really appreciate all the well-wishes and comments, just so you know. So now, I’m dying to know if I’m alone in how I feel about my birthday. TAKE THE 2-SECOND POLL!!!